About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Outfit of The Day: 8/29/11


Today's Outfit: Strapless denim dress, patterned black-and-white tee. Barefoot! Hair: down, bangs pinned back.


I really love the simplicity of today's outfit. Normally I don't feel like an outfit's complete without some pop of bright color, but I got this dress yesterday at Target and loved it so much I just couldn't stand hiding it behind a bunch of neon. Even yellow neon.

Also, one word: pockets!!!



I used to have this huge moral issue with strapless dresses, and still do -- sort of. The thing about anything strapless is that I can't just throw a cardigan on top, as easy and cute as that would be -- I'm just not comfortable showing that much skin ever. But, as shown by this outfit, they can be made absolutely age-appropriate when you put a cute shirt underneath it. Genius!



The skirt happens to be full without petticoats, which is wonderful. My "petticoat" (actually just my pink ruffled skirt) is cute, but way too hot to wear in the summer layered under anything. So I love that I don't even have to try to make my skirt full and flowy. :) I know it's a little short when considering that fall is coming up (I don't know if I believe that. It sounds made up), but what do you think tights are for?









Also -- there were actual clouds in the sky this morning. It even rained a little bit (a very little bit) and it's supposed to rain more this weekend.

Please, God, oh please oh please oh please let this mean that fall is close, and that soon it'll be cool outside! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee....

No comments:

Post a Comment