About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of 10th Grade


So, in all technicality, I'm a 10th grader now.

School started today. Teddy started public school, so the house was relatively quiet so me and Anna could work. We homeschool, so we're home most of the time -- which means we do the chores. :P

And math and reading, of course.

Which is why I'm not completely a 10th grader yet. I'm kind of sort of waaayyyy behind on my math. As in, I've been working on this Algebra since 8th grade...

But I'm almost done!  I promise! Just 8 lessons and 9 tests left, as of today. And when I'm done with that, my parents will register me for online classes, which will get me caught up. Unfortunately, I'll probably be doing math till at least a year after I'm done with high school.



Anyway, besides the obvious, today was actually really good. We got a lot of work done, did some cleaning up around the house. We have friends coming over tonight, so we wanted the house to be really clean.

It's kind of sad to say goodbye to summer. The last two months have been so jam-packed that it's been the shortest summer of my life. So much has happened -- I've grown closer to God, closer to my friends, closer to my family. I've been to Joplin, I've been to camp, I've helped put on an absolutely fantastic play... It's been amazing. And now... It's over. Officially.

I'm sad. But not too sad. I needed a routine again, needed some work to do. I've felt really lazy since coming back from Joplin, so I've been wanting to get back into some sort of job. Now I have math, I have reading, I have chores. Soon I'll start science, grammar, Latin... In October Anna and I will have auditions for Sound of Music with JOY, and then all next spring we'll be working on that. So summer is fun. But it needed to end.

Plus, my birthday is in December, and I'll be 16, and old enough to drive.

December needs to get here FAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment