About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Outfit of The Day: 8/27/11


Today's outfit: Striped long-sleeved tee, pleated navy-blue skirt, white knit hat, and (new!) blue floral-print flats.


This is one of those outfits that I can't help but feel particularly cute in. When I put it on this morning, I immediately felt myself stand up straighter.



This shirt is a hand-me-down -- and I'm totally in love with it. It's so delightfully sailor-ish -- "nautical" is the fashionable term, I suppose. It's also striped, and blue, and amazing.



I also adore this collar; it's kind of the best part of this shirt. I love how it happens to be the exact same shade of blue as my skirt.



I was really quite worried about the length of this outfit. I was planning to wear this skirt yesterday, remember? Well, I decided to try just pulling the waist-line down (which actually worked really well with the pattern of the skirt), and it reached quite a comfortable length.



The hat I got from Target for Christmas a couple of years ago. Another stand-by. "I don't have time to wash my hair this morning? Alrighty, I'll just put on this hat and BAM! Cuteness."








And now we come to my favorite part of this outfit...

These shoes!


They're blue, they're floral, they have random streaks of violet, my grandmother bought them for me from Kohls last night (thanks Grandma!), and I am in love.



They're really very comfortable, and actually have color in them, which is a relief after days of wearing nothing but white sneakers and black ballet flats. It's wonderfully refreshing.

You know, I didn't use to care about shoes at all. Now I'm realizing that a cute new pair of them every once in a while can really put some spunk into your step.

Also, I pattern-mixed. SOO much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment