About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Outfit of The Day: 8/26/11


Today's outfit: Orange pull-over, grey-blue t-shirt, khaki pants, brown belt. Black ballet flats (again, I know. Luckily I got new shoes today. :D) Hair: Pulled back in a grey-blue headband.


This is one of my favorite color-combinations of all time. I'm also kind of sort of delighted with these high-waisted khakis. I love wearing high-waisted pants when everyone else (including boys, which is sad) is showing off their undies. I feel different and wonderfully old-fashioned.



Despite my current boredom with these flats, I still love 'em. Because they have polka-dots inside.



This pull-over is another hand-me-down -- so is the shirt. I haven't been able to find a way to wear this pull-over before this, which is really sad, because the color is beautiful. The tee is so versatile I could wear it with almost anything. I actually had a different outfit all picked out for today, but I wasn't comfortable with the length of the skirt I picked out (which is too bad -- it's a pleated navy-blue, and super-cute. I can style it different ways, though -- I'm thinking red tights?), so I had to put an outfit together at the last minute, and all these items happened to be hanging up next to each other, and I kinda did a happy dance in my closet.



Yes... Anna did deserve the snarky look.

I won't say why. It's a sister-thing.



I've had this headband since, like, fifth grade. Another favorite, along with the chocolate-brown midi skirt and vintage vest. If I need my bangs outta my face, I always grab this. It's usually sitting on my night-stand, because I wear it at night.



I'm feeling very thoughtful today. Hurricane Irene is heading up the East Coast... It's a bit nerve-wracking, even from down here. My cousins live in Virginia, so we're praying hard for their safety, as well as the safety of their belongings. Having been to Joplin and back, I have a pretty good idea of what weather can do to a person's life. It's scary. I mean, if the damage there is anywhere near as bad as what I saw in Joplin (and I didn't see much)... I don't know. I mean, how much can we handle?


My prayers go out to anyone living on the East Coast. We're staying positive down here. Who knows? Maybe the storm won't do as much damage as we think it will. Maybe it'll help to end this drought. Maybe both. Something good will come of this, I promise. God's with you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment