About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Glorious Day for A Wedding

Friday, I was able to attend the wedding of some close friends of my parents', Amber and Joseph.




It was the first wedding I've ever been to where I wasn't a flower-girl. It was a fun, quirky, totally non-traditional wedding -- no suits, no long dresses, no real flowers, but flowers made from newspaper pages -- very cool. It was also incredibly romantic. The couple is quite a cute one. :) Also, me being me, and me being a girl, I couldn't help imagining my wedding day. I'll never say who, but I have pretty much everything planned out, right down to the groom. Of course, that's the one most likely to change, but... whatevs! (For the record, I will NOT be having my wedding outside. It was beautiful, but there were ants, and it was hot. Air conditioned churches, anyone?) I seriously enjoyed myself.

Friday morning Danny and I went to our local Tony&Guy academy and got haircuts -- and not only haircuts, but we got it curled. And if I may say so myself (and I do) we looked adorable.








Of course the curl has washed out now, but we've both learned new ways to style our hair.

I got Taylor-Swift-style curls...



Like my cheeky little smirk, there? ;)


... and Danny got Shirley-Temple-ringlets. And aren't her new bangs absolutely adorable? x) She's so cute.



Slightly ironically, she got curls like the child-star from the 1930's/40's, while I got curls like the Disney pop star. She's the one who loves Taylor Swift, and I'm the one who loves Shirley Temple -- I guess we must be rubbing off on each other. We do kind of live together...


The wedding was short, sweet, and to-the-point. My mom and dad officiated, and we stayed to watch Joseph and Amber's first dance as a married couple. And then we quietly and gracefully bowed out, because it was late and we were in want of dinner.

This we took at a rather fabulous Tex-Mex restaurant called "Chuy's" (pronounced "chewy", as in chewy food, but the food isn't at all chewy, it's quite delicious), where they had loud, fun waiters and waitresses, loud, fun music, absolutely wonderful queso and bean burritos, and this... thing...



I'm not sure why anyone would even think about putting something so horribly creepy in a restaurant. The thing stared at me while I ate.
I think I may be the only person alive who is rather frightened at the idea of Elvis coming back. I like his music (sometimes, depending on my mood -- I prefer the Beatles), but Elvis can just stay where he is. His terrible busts sitting in restaurants are awful enough without the real thing.






Outfit 1: Blue camp t-shirt (isn't it adorable?), short pink patterned skirt (which I'd just finished hemming the night before). Black ballet flats! Hair: curly.


 
Outfit 2: Dark green patterned mini dress, black tank-top. Black ballet flats! Yellow statement-piece bracelet, copy of "Jane Eyre" -- I'm rather obsessed with it at the moment -- camera, and enormous black purse -- the latter three are not pictured, but I had them with me all day. Hair: Still curly! (Side note: I really like my knees. I didn't think I did, but I actually have really nice knees. Just one more thing to add to my slowly growing list of things I like about myself!)

I'd like to say my year-without-makeup is going off without a hitch -- unfortunately, I was sorely tempted to put on at least some foundation for the wedding. Earlier that day, as Danny and I were doing a quick photo-shoot of our hair, she got a really good close-up of my face. My expression was snarky, my hair was adorable, and my eyes looked nice and blue, but I hadn't realized that I'd broken out on my forehead, and it was the only thing I saw at first. Danny assured me that it was just the lighting, but I had to delete the picture. It just wasn't great for my self-esteem. I managed to beat temptation, though; I made it to the wedding without even a hint of foundation, and the next day I made myself walk with my shoulders a little higher. It worked! My confidence is back, and I'm seriously debating throwing out all my makeup -- I need to get rid of the option.
I was in a rather quiet mood on Friday. I unfortunately was unable to attend the cast party for "The Importance of Being Ernest" and was feeling pretty down about it. I enjoyed the day I had, but I still wish I'd been able to go to the party. I miss those guys!

I'll see them soon, though -- more on that with "There and Back Again; Part 2" later!

No comments:

Post a Comment