About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yard Work and A Performance: Part 1





So, today is Wednesday and I'm gonna be super-awesome and post two blogs in one day. The first blog is gonna be about yesterday, and the second is going to be about today, because today is about to get cah-ray-zee.

So yesterday was a pretty lazy day. We hung around the house, doing schoolwork and watching specials on the Royal Wedding on TLC. So as my sister and I are hanging out upstairs, my dad yells for us to put on our grubbies and some sneakers and come down. And we both think, Uh-oh.

We go downstairs, and my dad is in the backyard pulling up weeds. Even more uh-oh. I've been requesting a garden lately, and my dad hinted that we might have to do yard work to earn said garden. I was prepared to do it, but not yesterday -- I'd been experimenting with my make-up, like the girl I am, and it had turned out really well. Needless to say, I did not want to get it all covered in dirt.

But, a gardens a garden, and I want one, regardless of the state of my make-up. So we go outside and start pulling up weeds all over the yard by the roots. These things are nasty! They're huge, ugly, and covered in prickles. I stabbed myself about ten times within the first five minutes. (Okay, so maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's what it felt like!) But I kept on yanking at those weeds. It was actually kind of satisfying when I managed to pull them up by the root. For one of them I had to stick my hand really deep in the dirt so I could get a good grip on the root and pull -- that thing was the size of a raw carrot! It was HUGE! And let me tell you, I really enjoyed pulling that one up.

Actually, the whole thing was pretty enjoyable, for me at least. I know my dad hates yard work, and my sister did not want to be out there. But I actually had a fairly good time pulling up those weeds. I know I pricked my fingers up pretty good, and my nails were caked, but my nails are hardly ever really clean, anyway -- this gave me an excuse to clean them. And, like I said, it was really satisfying to pull up those weeds.

I'm going to post part 2 of this blog later, after today has happened. Let me tell you -- if yesterday was lazy, today's going to be the complete opposite. I have an orthodontist appointment, a rehearsal, and a mini-performance with my drama group for the Lion's Club. I'm a little nervous. It'll get really bad right before I go on-stage, but as soon as I'm on, it usually goes away. I can't ask you to wish me luck, so just pray for me and wish me happy leg-breaking! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment