About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter :D

Yesterday, 2000 years ago, Jesus rose from the dead. Yup. Dead guy. Came back to life, saved the world. Pretty stinkin' awesome, right?

Now, there are probably about a million blogs all over the internet about the principles of Easter and such. Also, you probably went to church. You know why we honor this holiday, so I thought I'd write a blog about how I honored it.

Firstly, in dress. :D

Love love love love love my hat and dress. We got most of our clothing at Kohls. My gorgeous yellow-and-white polka-dot dress was $15, the hat was $13, and the cardigan was $17 dollars -- I don't know how much Anna's dress cost. What I love about all this is that everything I'm wearing in this picture I can (and WILL) wear again. Especially that wonderful hat. (Will load picture ASAP; my mom has it (; )

Also, of course, we went to church, and our worship/production team put on this AMAZING drama. Our church is really good at stage productions (you should have seen our Christmas special) and this one was no different. They don't water down the scary parts of the spiritual realm, and believe me, there was a part of this drama that was scary. (Hint: Screaming demons.) But then, this incredibly bright light shines, and "Jesus" walks forward, the demons bow, the devil hands over the keys to the Gates of Heaven, Jesus opens the gate, and the saints rise and enter into the Kingdom. I cried, and believe me, Jesus had a standing ovation. Also, my dad played the "Voice of God". And I didn't recognize him, because he usually doesn't talk like Christopher Lee.

Then my whole family commuted to my grandmother's house -- My Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Molly, their little boys, Josiah and Judah, my Uncle David, his girlfriend Alycia, and her mother. Add to that me, my sister Anna, my brother Teddy, my mom and dad, The Easter Bunny, and a WHOLE lot of food, and it was a pretty full house. I think I ate half my weight in bree (it was delicious) and chocolate (it was even more delicious) and we of course had the customary Easter egg hunt, in which me and Anna helped "The Easter Bunny" to hide the eggs from the little boys. I felt terribly sick yesterday (in a good "I really enjoyed all the bree and chocolate" way) but today I felt amazing. Despite having to clean the house. :)

Then we came home and I spent the next few hours lying on my bed at home watching "The Mighty Ducks" on my iPod. I know it's not exactly worshipful to God, but hey, Jesus loves Emilio Estevez way more than I do, so I don't think He minded.

Anyway, that was my Easter. Fun with the family, fun on my own, fun with delicious wheels of cheese, and fun worshipping my Jesus (who, by the way, is still alive and rockin', in case you didn't know). A really, really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment