About Me

My photo
Hey! My name's Lauren, I'm city-born country girl who likes old-fashioned manners, old-fashioned clothing, old-fashioned cars, bright colors and patterns (especially yellow), and hanging out with friends who can make me laugh till I cry. If you want to find out more, you're gonna have to read my blog!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Apologies for Last Blog Cut-Off:

I'm taking a break from my 1940's blog series to apologize for the abrupt ending in my last blog. I don't know what happened. I actually wrote a whole section on putting together your own outfits out of the clothes you already had. For some reason, two whole paragraphs were cut out when I published it. If you're interested in reading the rest of the blog, see below:



Obviously, the ideal solution would be to find a good thrift store -- those places have everything. But you don't always have time to go to a thrift store, and not everyone has a good one nearby. I haven't had a chance to go shopping yet, but really, what you need are some knee-length skirts, some button-up blouses, some high-waist shorts/pants, and a cinch belt. Luckily, it's pretty easy to find at least some of these things in your own closet -- all you have to do is be creative. A sundress tucked into a pair of high-waist shorts becomes an old-fashioned, flowy blouse; your favorite polo and a knee-length shirt turns into the perfect war-time outfit. This way, when you do get a chance to visit a thrift stor, you can look at everything with a creative eye. You'll know what can become something else.

This style, like all styles, isn't for everyone, but it was certainly for me. I can dress like a girl, be proud of it, and be modest and different at the same time. No, clothes aren't the most important things in the world, but they do say a lot about the person wearing them. If you are having trouble finding your own style, ask yourself, "What do I want to say?" and it's pretty simple from there. Just don't forget -- always have a cinch belt handy. It makes EVERY outfit work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment